What is a Virtual Assistant?
A question I am often asked is “What is a Virtual Assistant?”
A virtual assistant is a person who usually works from home performing administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, meetings and travel arrangements. A virtual assistant can make phone calls, deal with mail, bills and more. Think of a virtual assistant as a secretary (from the old days) or administrative assistant (some still work in corporate offices today) who works off-site.
While virtual assistants are skilled at performing a multitude of jobs, some specialize depending on the industry in which they work. For example an accountant may hire a virtual assistant to help with bookkeeping and dealing with customer financial data. Most virtual assistants are contract employees (1099 or independent contractor), which means they’re not provided with a company benefit package if it’s available, and are paid a flat rate.
Because virtual assistants are independent contractors rather than employees, clients are not responsible for any employee-related taxes, insurance or benefits. Clients also avoid the logistical problem of providing extra office space, equipment or supplies.
What are your rates? Do you charge by the hour?
- I have hourly rates.
- Rates will be discussed during the initial consultation.
- My prices are among the most reasonable in the industry.
- I don’t require a deposit upfront for services rendered. Payments are expected weekly/bi-weekly or monthly (client preference).
What types of people hire Virtual Assistants?
The people who hire VAs are predominantly small business owners or one-man-bands, such as consultants. They are people who don’t need to take on an employee (or because they don’t want the hassle or associated costs such as pensions etc) but who need help with regular tasks.
How do I get started?
To request your free consultation or to learn more about our Virtual Assistant Services, please use our client intake form. We’ll get in touch within one business day to discuss your needs and answer all your questions. We look forward to learning how we can assist you.
How will I know what you are doing for me?
I can provide you with weekly status updates so you always know what the progress is and what tasks have been completed. These updates will include a copy of your timesheet to show time used and will include detailed notes about each time entry.
How do we communicate and work together?
We use email, telephone, Skype, messenger, screen-sharing and project management tools to communicate with our clients. We will do our best to accommodate your business and your preferred style of communication when working on your tasks.
How quickly will my project or tasks be completed?
- I am committed to delivering on deadline if there is one.
- Turnaround time can depend on the complexity and urgency of the project or tasks at hand.
- If your project is time sensitive, the deadline will be agreed upon before the work begins.
How do you track the time spent on my project?
Annie Maggie’s uses Quickbooks Pro 2016 accounting software (desktop version only) with built-in time tracking, so that every task is tracked to the minute. You only pay for the time used.
What tasks can you help with?
- I can help you with just about anything.
- From admin support, data entry, and more.
- Write a blog? Sure thing.
- Online shopping? Done.
- I can do pretty much anything that can be done virtually (online, or over the phone).
- If I don’t have a service you need, I can refer you to someone in my network whom may be able to assist you.
Do you make outbound calls?
- Annie Maggie’s can handle customer inquiries, set up conference calls, schedule appointments, and more.
- While I am happy to make calls to assist with your administrative, marketing, and follow-ups,
- I do not make sales calls or cold calls.
How do we share files?
- With the use of Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive, you can share the files that you want to share with me, so that we work in real-time on the same documents.
- There is no need to send files via email and there will be no chance of duplicate documents.
- It works just like a normal server, just in the cloud.
What are my payment options?
- Payment options accepted are cash, Zelle, or check. I recommend Zelle as it is free, quick and easy.
- If you choose to pay by check please make it out to Anne Thompson
- Mail to 253 Second Street, Morrow, Ohio 45152.
- All the payment details you need will be on your invoice.
Do you have internet and is it wireless or hard-wired?
- Yes I have internet,
- it is hard-wired and wifi.
- My download speed is 233.23 mbps (varies daily)
- Upload speed is 11.74 mbps (varies daily)
- Tested by Ookla (https://www.speedtest.net)
Do you have virus protection?
Yes I have Norton’s 360 on all my devices, I also stay up to date with the current newsletters sent to me so I am always in the know regarding threats.
Do you offer packages or plans?
At this time I do not
Where are you located?
I am based in the United States of America in the state of Ohio
What are your office hours?
My office hours are Monday thru Friday 9-5
Do you require a contract?
A signed contract is optional if both parties are interested in one prior to establishing a business relationship. The contract will outline all the details so there is no confusion of what is expected by both parties.
Illegible or Poor Quality Source Materials
Illegible and poor quality source materials are subject to an additional time and costs based on quality of materials. This means if you send a pdf and need data entered into excel or google sheets, I will not be able to copy and paste. The data would have to be entered manually which takes more time and respectively your invoice will be higher.
All information provided will remain 100% confidential unless otherwise indicated in writing by the client. We will never exchange email addresses, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, or any other information to a third party without written consent by the client.