Burnout, burnout, burnout!
I am sure that many of you out that know the word burnout very well. I myself do as I have been working since June 1987 with a couple of years off to raise my son then back to work.
It is very easy to hit burnout.
So, I have some suggestions that has helped me along the way and I hope they will help you too.
- Develop organization and time management techniques that will work for you to avoid the feeling of always being rushed
- Make time for rest and relaxation
- Practice stress management techniques
- Get enough sleep
- Make sure you are clear about your job tasks
- Do not try to do everything yourself
- Ask others for help when appropriate and needed
- Know your limits
- Schedule time for interests outside of work
- Seek satisfaction within yourself.
- Do not depend on recognition from others
- Reward yourself for your achievements